New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNiPeRViRuS

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I am trying to build my own computer but this is my first time and I really need help. I also have a budget of $700 to make a gaming PC. Give or take like 30 bucks. I really need a bang-for-your bucks kind of thing. Can you guys recomend sollutions for me. I want to be able to play the latest 3D games. Also can you all list all the parts I would need because as u can probably tell I am really lost in this world of computers.

Processor - Athlon XP (or a very cheap athlon 64)

Motherboard

Case & Power Supply

Hard Drive

CD-RW drive

RAM (512 is good)

Graphics card (VERY IMPORTANT)

Xp home, linux, whatever you want

CRT monitor

Speakers

Pretty ok sound card to ease load on mobo

Which ones, can you give me a list of the products. i.e like the Atholon XP 3000 and whatever motherboard that is compatible with it. And stuff like that.

thanks but i forrgot to mention one thing. This excludes the monitor, i am saving $300 dollars besides this $700 for a monitor. So if it is not too much, can you make some upgrades and give me a custimazation? Thanks in advanced.

Thanks for the info.

I also took a look and here is what I came up with,

A Raidmax Case with a 420Watt Powersupply

I/O Magic Dual Format DVD and CD Burner( writes and rewrites all formats)

Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive

Intel Pentium 4/ 2.8C GHz 800MHz FSB, 512K Cache, Hyper Threading Technology

Intel "D865PERL" i865PE Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0226"

EVGA nVIDIA GeForce FX5600 Video Card, 256MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/CATV, 8X AGP, Model "Personal Cinema e-GeForce FX 5600

Rosewill 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-2700, Model RW333/512

My total comesto $734. I think both of these are great Dream Budget Systems. Can you do me one last favor and take a look at the components I listed and see if they are compatible with each other. They can all be found on NewEgg.com. Thanks very much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom