Yet another video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably go for the 8800GS actually...that superclocked version is almost 100mhz over stock and it's a pretty good card.

So, I'm getting 15-20 frames in COD4 now on low/med settings - how many do you think I'll reach when I get this new card?

Also, I'm buying this to play Age of Conan - do you think it will run it on maximum settings.

And yet another question - I played Crysis on extreme minimum - beat it with this card too. Will it run Crysis at like medium settings with the new 8800GS?

The extra shaders the 8800GS has will help out in more shader intense games. Either way they are both good buys.

wouldint ocing the shader clock help outweight that though? Thats another reason why i kept my 8800gt instead of the 9600gt, the shaders.

So, I'm getting 15-20 frames in COD4 now on low/med settings - how many do you think I'll reach when I get this new card?

Also, I'm buying this to play Age of Conan - do you think it will run it on maximum settings.

And yet another question - I played Crysis on extreme minimum - beat it with this card too. Will it run Crysis at like medium settings with the new 8800GS?

All those games will run maxed out on high settings with over 30fps....in fact you should be in the 60fps range with cod4. You can always oc the card to squeeze more fames out of it.

Your cpu would actually be holding you back though, if you could get it to 2.8ghz you would see even more improvement.

wouldint ocing the shader clock help outweight that though? Thats another reason why i kept my 8800gt instead of the 9600gt, the shaders.

Sure, but you can just overclock the shaders on the 8800GS as well....it's a G92 chip so should OC pretty well...

Also, will this fit in my case?

DSCI0156.jpg

How can I overclock my processor to 2.8? I'm terrible when it comes to things such as this =]

Yeah itll fit, it should go right up to the heatsink on the southbridge.

First of all, you need good cooling..... the stock heatsink aint gonna cut it. You also need options in your bios to oc, and please clean up the inside of your case.

Get rid of the gray front usb/speaker header cables, get rounded ide cables, and new zipties and organize the cables better. Blow out all that dust also.

In fact, i suggest you just get a new case.....thats a micro atx board so just get a mid-tower, and youll have loads of space to work with, due to the small board.

If a new case is not an option, then just get the card and power supply, and clean up your current one. Be warned, the earthwatts 380w has a lot of cables (it needs a lot of zip-ties to make it look neat) and the promo ends today.

I'll probably buy a new case in a month or so, unfortunately getting money this time of year is pretty crazy or I'd have already bought an entirely new setup.

I actually enjoy my one step at a time approach.

And since I'll just come back asking about a case - can anyone suggest one for me? My favorite colors are blue, black, green. (if they glow or anything, my current one has a front panel that glows blue - and that blue fan inside of mine really lights up my case super blue).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom