3870x2 Problems!! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stool, go online and download a program called Aquamark 3.

At the end it will give you three scores and one overall score. Also when running benchmarking software make sure you close EVERYTHING else thats running.

downloaded aquamark, it freezes on me after 3minutes every single solitary time...i mustve ran it 24 times

Hmm...

I honestly don't know at this point I would advise you to get the card rma'd for a new one.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Listen man if you're not gonna pay attention to us, then we cant really help you...so uhm how much do you want for the 3870X2?
Also
3dmark 15,136 with Q6600 @ 3.4GHz | 8800GTS 512 @ 730/972
my Score :) and my system didn't cost nearly as much as yours (although I will break 16k once I start putting some real effort into a better overclock)
Maybe you should do some OCing
and about the RAM your 3870's 1GB of VRam is using part of the 4(ish) GB Cap on your 32Bit OS no bother complaining about RAM til you upgrade that OS

i will be selling my HD 3870 x2 for $300 when the official release date of the HD 4870 x2 is announced.

could it be a bad mobo or a bad pci-e slot

them 2 are the only 2 things not suggested so far but seem logical (to me anyway)

have you anyway of testing the card with a different mobo

alright, first of all id like to thank all of you who have attempted to help me thus far, I really do appreciate your efforts...like I said, all my compenents seem to be in check...because the computer runs perfectly...just not as perfectly as it should...no, not nearly as it should...yet my vista score is 5.9...jesus...im just going to go ahead and assume that my system is so powerful that all benchmark programs essentially lap themselves over the the numerical limit and start re-counting from zero...lol

could it be a bad mobo or a bad pci-e slot

them 2 are the only 2 things not suggested so far but seem logical (to me anyway)

have you anyway of testing the card with a different mobo

Nothing it seems is bad though, the computer functions just fine as per several of the op's posts. It just doesn't score as high as it should.

Yes but when he scores 5k points less than he should in a benchmark and others straight up don't run thats just cause to believe something might be wrong.

True. Not necessarily a hardware issue, though. Some of that could be software related or with his OS.

StoolKitten, have you upgraded to a 64bit OS yet? Do a fresh install with a 64-bit OS and then run 3dmark06. Also, you can always get 3dMark06 for free... I don't think I can say how without this post getting deleted, but there are ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom