Lack of motivation( school wise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't motivate yourself, nobody else can. You have to do it because you want to. Look at the long term picture not the short term. Yeah I hated school too, but I also realized that without the grades, work is MUCH harder. And every grade goes on your transcript. Better transcript means better job. So even though you hate certain subjects, use that as a tool to do better in those subjects so when it is done you won't have the possibility of losing out because of it. How would it be to have to retake a class you hated? Or have that class cost you down the road?

The only thing Ive got to add is if you go from doing well in maths and then completely give up on it... Uni's pick up on that and will ask you about it.

I'm 15 and currently doing end of year 10 exams, just think **** it, show that examiner what you're capable of! Well thats what I do and I end up with As and Bs so I'm happy

end of year 10, they are internal exams though surely, if we wanna be technical no examiner sees it.:D:p

hmm im trying to revise, although actually to be honest i think it's just gotten too hard for me. I can't remember all the similiar yet different formulas( i know formula book has a few butnot all) and basically can't get it all in my head. Or i'll look at the examples and stuff then never be able to apply it to a random question. Especially with differentation where you do graphs and max and minimums yet the question i get is on a 3D shape, something about proving it's volume, i;d love it if we'd done anything do to with shapes in class. Just gotta try and a C so i get a "high grade pass" as they call it.

Im in year 11

Someone I know got a D for AS maths and still goes to a good uni (manchester) for history

I haven't started revising yet for GCSEs, if thats any consolation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom