the frustration!!!! installing vista to a sata.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not using a floppy drive. ive tried that as well. even with xp the sata hard drives cant be found.

im not using a floppy drive. ive tried that as well. even with xp the sata hard drives cant be found.

of course xp won't recognize it if vista won't. you have to copy the diver to floppy then copy it from there to cd or you have to look fo the oemtext setup file on the mobo cd and copy that folder to cd or your hard drive.

or do this

here's how you update you xp cd to have almost all drivers. you need the driver packs and the driver base software. here are the links

DriverPacks.net > DriverPacks > Intro

DriverPacks.net > DriverPacks > DriverPacks BASE

download driverbase. put your downloaded driver packs files in the driver pack folder that you get when you extract driver base download with 7zip

7-Zip

extract driver base. put your driver zip files in the right folder.

driverbase1.jpg

open driver base. click the arrows to get to the next screen. notice that i have an xp folder on my desktop (I have 2 actually. I use ryanvm integrater to slipstream all of xp updates into the disc too). you need the files there as driver doesn't copy your xp cd files to the hdd. you have to manually do it yourself or use nlite to copy the files to the hdd

driverbase2.jpg

if you put the files in the right place you will see the drivers on this screen. just follow the steps leaving the default options. you can change them if you understand them.
driverbase3.jpg

when you are done use nlite to create a bootable iso file from the folder.

driverbase4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom