Old Man....New Toys :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, guess Ill jump in here too. Im 47 and have been gaming since I was a teenager at the local arcade. I just Built my first pc after years of HP's. Thats how I got here, posting about advice for it.Yeah single player is great, but let me tell ya Wirlwind, your missin out on the best part of the pc gaming. My wife bought me Micrsoft Motocross Madness in '98 and the Zone turned me on to a whole new world. I'm a member of OTHG (Over The Hill Gang) a group of guys over 30 that Play together regularly.We originated from MCM2 but play many games. Mostly now I play COD4, GTR2 (racing sim, we have league on Fri Nights with the Misfit Guys< another tight group of guys), Rfactor or Mx vs ATV. As you see we're mostly racing but I ( with COD4) have recently gottin into the FPS side of it. We Use Ventrillo to comunicate and over the years I have made good friends all over the world. I highly recommend it! If you'd be interested in jumpin in for some fun I would pm you the Vent info.

Welcome aboard to another elderly pc gamer....see kids....there are more of us than you think....we are the crafty old "gamer veterans" :D

Well....I play the following games online, which seem to be enough for me....
1.Nascar Racing 2003 Season
2. Links 2003
3. Day Of Defeat
4..I also do some co-op tuff with my son....Swat 4 and the like

I got to tell you though....I really like the SP stuff, because of the story and so forth....well....plus I am not getting my head blown off every 2 minutes :D

I did play the original UT online for awhile....back in the day.

Anyway....OTHG_ChefTreb welcome aboard, nice to have you here.

Good thing about the 9800gtx is its a nice ocer, and its only $300 now. I think i would rather get it than an 8800gts, and voltmod it.

The 174.74 drivers have been rock solid for the 9800GTX so far.....they have been way better than the driver that came with the card :)

Here are a few more screenies of Lost Planet....the game has a pretty lame story and the controls seem abit clunky also....the explosions are nice, probly the best part of the game is the explosions.....I can't really recommend this game however.....I believe Call Of Juarez was better.

Anyway if you are having trouble with the drivers for the 9800GTX....I suggest the 174.74

2449949269_78cd34e35a_b.jpg

2450771076_570d30854d_b.jpg

2449952817_7f48b63b1b_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom