Intel guys....opinions on Q6700 vs Q9300

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the OCZ PC6400 would be better? I know the timings are lower, but they're still PC6400 vs PC8000?

I'm sure I could overclock them to 1066 with similar timings, though, from what I've seen.

I was just looking for confirmation. :)

The ones you're mentioning, Rican, are a fair bit more expensive. I'm already spending a little more than I was expecting.

I think he's looking for a 2x2gb kit and the ballistix 4gb kits are a bit more expensive.

There's no reason to get 4GB Sticks, as I believe the board only supports 8GB total anyway. And, I have no need for more than that. So, getting 2 things of 2x2GB would only make sense

Ok, well youre gonna have a nice rig bill. And youre gonna rack up those fah points....im screwed.

:(?

Maybe I'll pull some of those machines out that I'm using right now, as they really SHOULD be being put to the use they were originally intended for. ;)

I'm currently down to 6/8 computers folding right now. Not sure why. I know why it's not running on one machine, but the second, I'm not sure. I will find out tomorrow. :)

I'm still not running a GPU Client. So, if you get a new card like you say you were going to (If you haven't already) then you might be good. I have no intention of buying a new card anytime soon, and if I did, it wouldn't be one of the cards that supports the FAH GPU client anyway, as I don't need anything that good.

I've already ordered the Case and the CPU. I'm ordering it in stages:

1 = Case
2 = CPU
3 = Heatsink, Motherboard, and Thermo Paste
4 = RAM

I may cut that back to just 3, and combine the last two, because apparently I have a daily 500$ limit on my debit card or something, and it's not letting me validate my card for #3, so hopefully at midnight, it'll work again, and I can get the rest.

Okay, I didn't do a very good job reading that the first time. Thought it was still the same PC6400 RAM that I had mentioned, but it's not.

That would be better, as it's only 2 dollars more, technically, after rebates.

I've just gotta work something out, because I'd be getting two sets of it, and they only do one rebate per person, per household, per product.

I'm also hoping it'll fit in there with all the stuff that'll be crammed around, with the heatsink and everything. I don't know how well it'll work.

Okay, I didn't do a very good job reading that the first time. Thought it was still the same PC6400 RAM that I had mentioned, but it's not.

I've just gotta work something out, because I'd be getting two sets of it, and they only do one rebate per person, per household, per product.

I'm also hoping it'll fit in there with all the stuff that'll be crammed around, with the heatsink and everything. I don't know how well it'll work.

Itll fit. And the p180 series of cases are midtowers, but large midtowers.

Why do you want 8gb?

Why do you want 8gb?

Well, I figured I could probably use up the 4GB of ram, especially if I turn off Virtual Memory.

For now, I'll just get 4, and see how it goes...

Especially since apparently my stupid Debit card won't let me spend more than like 500$ in one day, then voids if I spend more than like 200 the next day...

I just figured, I might have gone with it anyway, and there's a 35$ rebate on it right now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom