XP Service Pack 3 .... FINALLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm bad at quoting, so.... ;p

replying to apok:
Being top dog MS, ms just has to or WANTs to cover a large and diverse demographic. They are not only just targetting techs or consumers or snobbish self centered types ;) In the end, their consumer products will be erroneously critiqued by techs and their server products will be erroneously rated by average joe consumers...they will never be able to win so long as they are as successful as they are.

I think what SOME of us are doing, is just confusing average consumer OSes, with more tech related OSes. WE can prefer to use them (server type vs consumer) so long as we know and understand why there are different products.

Eventhough I loved NT, I was not going to tell my sister, brother, friends, they should use it over 95.

The competition to MS OSes will realize this too, it's not as simple as some would like, OR it could be...it all depends on what a view is on "simple". A consumer product SHOULD have all this bloat, though I am using the term and wording simply...it isn't really bloat. A huge drivers library and complex and interwoven dlls that abound to support legacy apps, is what a consumer product should be...in order to make it an easy thing for consumers.

In the end, I am not sure what is best or if there really is a best...I would like for MS to make their next OS all 64bit, no legacy support, and being completely modular...but I am not sure if that will end up giving us the old "more than we bargained for" scenario. If it is, I hope we ALL "eat it" and ask for seconds ;)

The Windows XP Service Pack 3 will be released to the public tomorrow. A lot of users have already downloaded the service pack from various unofficial locations like download portals and the Bittorrent P2P network. Many users however were very cautious and decided to wait until the service pack would be available through official Microsoft channels. Tomorrow users can download the service pack by using Windows Update.
Downloads will surely be rather slow after the release and it does make sense to download the service pack 3 for Windows XP early. Cautious users will be delighted to know that the official download links of service pack 3 have been revealed and that it is as of now possible to download the Service Pack 3 directly from Microsoft servers. (Thanks to Tip and Trick)
Available are service pack releases for various languages. All for 32-bit systems only though. The languages that are available are English, German, Russian, French, Japanese and Simplified Chinese. All downloads are directly from Windows Updates. If you have been wary before downloading the service pack there is nothing more to fear by using this official download.
Windows XP Service Pack 3 English
Windows XP Service Pack 3 Simplified Chinese
Windows XP Service Pack 3 German
Windows XP SP3 French
Windows XP SP3 Russian
Windows XP SP3 Japanese
Download speed is fine. I'm getting about 330 Kilobyte per second currently.

sp3ow3.jpg

havnt had anythiny issues yet but ive had it for about ten minutes and im going to bed.

oh and got it from teh link above

I have tried to slipstream. It gave me nothing but trouble. With my slipstream CD's there was about 1/4 of the software installed. NO IE at all. Updates would not install or anything. I even tried to slipstream SP3 after i had gotten all the updates from Autopatcher. That didnt work either.

I think my mistake was trying to get it done with a MCE disc.

Follow this guide here to slipstream.

HOW TO: create a bootable XP SP3 CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom