Basic Gaming PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toryn

In Runtime
Hay all, so a friends asked me to give him some options PC-wise with a budget of 400 pounds.

Hes looking to play games like assassins creed, do some basic editing in photoshop and general PC usage.

This is what I got so far, hes got a HDD he can use along with butchering the old pc for monitor/mouse/keyboard/dvd-drive, is there anything glaring obvious that Ive missed? Or a much better option then something listed?

I'm thinking the cpu might be a bottleneck, maybe OC'ing to 3ghz would solve that but maybe not, if I could push him to 450, would it be worth stepping up to a E4500 or even E6xxx (haven't checked those prices at time of posting).

CPU - E2180 OEM
GPU - Sapphire HD 3870XT 512MB
PSU - Corsair HX 520W
RAM - OCZ 2GB DDR2
Mobo - Gigabyte P35C DS2R
HS/F - ACF7 pro
Case - TT Soprano

Totals 381 before shipping.

I would try E6xxx. But if not, you can get by without a bottleneck at E4500. However, you wouldn't have to OC too much to get rid of bottleneck on the 2180.

OcUK has some really good deals this week..also keep in mind you can buy a used e6400 for around 40-50 quid on ebay.

672137242untitled.PNG

Thanks you two, looks like ocuk has swung back round to being the cheaper site again heh.

Their this week only deals are usually pretty cheap...also the b-grade section is worth keeping an eye on.

Otherwise I tend to prefer ebuyer and dabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom