Enable Hibernate In Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

optimist4613

Baseband Member
Could someone tell me how to enable Hibernate in vista, it seems to have gone.

I heard that it was something to do with typing powercfg to get it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated

the powercfg command will enable hibernation if it was disabled. open up control panel then power options. you have to choose either, "energy star" or "power saver" plans. after you pick the plan you want then click "change plan settings".
next, click "advanced power settings" under the sleep category you should see "hibernate after" and you can adjust the amount of time your computer will stay awake.

powercfg –h on

remember google is your friend.

Tried that...and tried this too:
* Go to the command prompt icon in the Start menu under Accessories and right click the icon: click "Run as administrator".
* Paste: "powercfg.exe /hibernate on" and hit Enter and also paste "powercfg -h on" and hit enter just to be safe.
* Open Control Panel and type in "Hibernate" in the Search.
* Click "Turn hibernation on or off"
* Click "Change advance power settings"
* Scroll to and expand the "Sleep" option.
* Select "Off" to the "Allow hybrid sleep" option.
* Scroll to and expand the "Power buttons and lid" option.
* Select "Hibernate" for the "Sleep button action" option. 10. Select "Hibernate" for the "Start menu power button" option.

.......AND NOTHING STILL WORKS !

Have yo uisntalled SP1? Have you installed updated driver and chipset drivers for your systems?

I'm running Vista, and thought it should be automatically updating everything anyways.

Chipset drivers are not a part of the Windows update. Never were. They were not updated in XP nor any previous versions. Same goes for many of the drivers. Sound drivers ad video drivers are for the first time just being added but they are only updated on ocassion caompred ot the manufacturer's real updated. While Windows Update might show the new version once or twice a year. The Sound drivers and Video driver for sure are updated way more often.

You can not rely on Windows update to keep your system up to date. That is just a tool to use to keep Windows, not your drivers, up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom