Duo vs. Quad vs. Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
the last experience we computer geeks had with the gx2 was not a good one, and from what veedub has said about his 9800gx2's i wouldn't say that its really worth unless you're gaming on uber high res, which stays true with SLI setups.

I would say get an 8800gts, overclock it, or wait until the 4870 series comes out, because they look to be a heck of a card for the price point.

Which one should I go with?

9600GT (SLI)
8800GT (SLI)
8800GTS (Single or SLI)
9800GTX (Single)
3870 X2 (Single)
3870 (Crossfire)

If money is no object, One 3870 X2, but I don't understand why one GX2 is not on your list.

But then again. I will say if you can wait, then wait for the 4870X2 and 9900GX2, see which performs better for the games you care for must then you can purchase that way.

If money is no object, One 3870 X2, but I don't understand why one GX2 is not on your list.

But then again. I will say if you can wait, then wait for the 4870X2 and 9900GX2, see which performs better for the games you care for must then you can purchase that way.

I'm trying to save as much money as I can. The 9800GX2 is $550-600. I just want 1 or 2 cards that can run all the games except Crysis in high settings. I dont need a super fast card. I'll sell my card or step up (if I go with eVGA) to the new cards that are gonna be released but I aint planning on getting them as soon as they come out (maybe 1 month after) so the prices can be lowered and see there perfomance and results.

If your saving money and you can wait, then wait for many reviews and benchs of the 4870 X2 vs 9900GX2.

If for whatever reason, they turn out to be a dissapointment then all the more money saved for the next cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom