Is it worth losing 800MB RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felixhi

Baseband Member
Well, Right now I have vista x64. And to tell the truth, I just hate vista. I was wondering, Will it be worth downgrading to x86 of XP, and losing 800mb ram? I've tried XP x64, It just doesn't work with most of my stuff. So, Should I downgrade, or just stick it out with vista?

Well no. You not only lose 800MB of RAM but having 4GB of RAM installed messes with the System. Just read about some of hte horror stories people ahve ahd jsut trying to install XP with 4GB of RAM. Then ended up taking out 3GB and then installing.

I've got 4GB RAM in my system. Apart from XP 32 not recognising all of it, I haven't had any issues whatsoever (I run XP 32 and XP x64)

And I've used it with SP2, and with pre-release SP3. XP x64 has SP2 (not the same SP2 as XP 32).

Anyway, I've found XP x64 to work very well, just as long as I have drivers for everything.
ATI is actually very good with XP x64 drivers

out of curiousity, what do you find doesn't work with XP x64?

I can't get speakers to work at all. But I think I might have worked that problem out. Now its only either changing to xp, or stick with vista.

I can't get speakers to work at all.
I would say that's probably because you don't have drivers for the sound card.

I'm using XP x64 as I'm posting this. I've got everything working like it should, including sound, programs, and even Crossfire (with my 2 x 3870 graphics cards) is working like it should.

I've not read anything about 4GB of RAM causing problems with Windows XP. It can certainly handle more than 1GB.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/phenom-9500-compatible-32-bit-windows-167001/''There is one i can find right away. I know at other sites i have come across this regualrly. But you can choose to do what you wish. Some have no issues. Others do. Just trying to give a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom