Geforce 9800 GX2 temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much thermal is bad, and can cause high temps. you only need a small amout in the center, and the force of instaling the heatsink will spread it evenly.

nos police force in action!

but yeah, i would say the temps are high for the xigmatek, i have on on my gaming rig and i'm idling pretty low.

and yeah, you definitely dont' want to put all of that pastey stuff on. if you want just take a paper towel, rub most of it off, but leave a bit on and you can run it until you get the new tp and then do it right that!!!

i cant even take apart my HD 3870 x2 to apply the MX-2 on it. Idle temp is 59 C, load is 73 C.

the bottom screws r way too small, n im starting to strip them everytime i try taking them off; smallest ****ing screws ive ever seen n i cant even take them off with the smallest screwdriver i have!

I downloaded the program and turned my Fan up to 95% and the GPU temperature is now 60 idle and 70-80 while playing game. Does this seem a bit more normal now? Thanks for the help~ I'm still waiting for the Arctic Silver 5 to come in, with that Thermal grease, I should expect my temperature to be about low 30 yes?

Sounds about right for the gpu now.

and yes your probly looking at low 30's once you get the new thermal grease.

Have you ordered it yet? If not go to Petra's Tech Shop and get the mx-2 thermal compound, it actually outperforms the artic silver 5 by about 2 degrees

agree with vee, i've got the cosmos, the channel thing is crap ditch it asap. it does a better job blocking airflow than helping. my temps dropped a couple degrees after tossing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom