Completely New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I need to build a new system from the ground up. I used to be pretty knowledgeable about hardware, but I have been living out of the country for the past two years and have kind of been out of the loop. What I need is a fairly high end machine, from the ground up for somewhere around $1500. Here is what I need:

Monitor (Preferably a 19" LCD)
Mobo
CPU
RAM
Hard Drive
DVDRW Drive
Video Card
Wireless Card
Case
PSU
Sound Card (I can wait if needed)
Keyboard (I can wait if needed)
Mouse (I can wait if needed)
Speakers (I can wait if needed)
Operating System (I don't know whether to stick with XP Pro or go Vista, in either event I need a new copy)

I think thats about it, if I missed anything let me know. I am looking for a fairly quiet machine. I used to at one time be into the lights and the flashy grills and fans, but I decided for me it was wasted money. I'm just looking for something simple. I would like to get the best bang for my buck, and upgradeability would be great. I don't think I will be doing the Dual SLI at the moment unless funds permit but I would like that to be a possibility in the future. I'm not a huge gamer, but I do play them here and there and I would like them to run as smooth as money will afford.

Thats been updated correct? Its not 5 months old?

If so, with todays CPU's which seems to be the preferred brand? Intel or AMD? I have always used AMD but I am in no way attached to the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom