Do I need a new video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW the card I'm using is an EVGA 8800gtx, you can see why I'm a little reluctant to just go buy a new one :p

pretty sure that would narrow it down to the card.
go to best buy or somewhere similar and buy a cheap card. plug it in and see if it works. you have 30 days to return a video card (at least from CC...if it is not on clearance).

Sounds to me like the card is dead. Did you OC it much?

OK Mr. Genius, I tried a different monitor and was actually able to get into safe mode. I deleted my old drivers and it quit doing that zebra stripe tetris blocks thing, but I'm still getting these dots and lines all over my monitor.

Mm he was only giving you simple adive there, anyway back to the issue I'm gonna say it's a software issue if it seems to run in safe-mode, you could on the other hand try a different OS, say run linux off the live-cd or format your whole system if you think its a software problem.

Mm he was only giving you simple adive there, anyway back to the issue I'm gonna say it's a software issue if it seems to run in safe-mode, you could on the other hand try a different OS, say run linux off the live-cd or format your whole system if you think its a software problem.

It runs in safe mode, but with the same lines and dots across the screen. I'm going to try to get ahold of a friend today to see if he'll lend me a video card to confirm that is the problem (which it seems most likely is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom