Dual monitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBM/PS1

In Runtime
Alright what i want is pretty simple.

My samsung syncmaster running world of warcraft and my other older POS monitor running my desktop and winamp and such.

I have an 8800GT with dual monitor support.

The problem is the software that came with the card isn't sufficient to set this up. I can get the multi display to work but it just clones the screen of my primary monitor.

I downloaded ultramon but it doesn't recognize my secondary monitor.

If anyone could help me with this i would appreciate it.

I actually have the same setup as you, and can setup seperate desktops with the Nvidia Software (I run a Syncmaster and an old Viewsonic CRT, and the 'older' 8800GTS ).

Not sure which version of the software you have. For me, when I open the Nvidia Control Panel (right click desktop, Nvidia 'something') I just go to Multiple Monitor setup on the right panel, select Configure as seperate Desktops, then choose the primary display (which you will want to be the SynchMaster cause WoW will prob end up loading only in the Primary Display).

I can't take any screens now, since I'm not at home, but it should be possible with just the Nvidia Software.

Make sure you restart your PC with the other Monitor plugged in already, cause I've had problems where I plugged it in when the PC was running and I couldn't configure them as seperate desktops.

I can take some screenshots when I get home.

There was no option when setting up the second monitor for "Spanned Desktop" where it combines the two screens into one big desktop? Or any other options besides just displaying the same screen twice?

I've used the nVidia software as well for my laptop and was able to have two screens. I set them up in the same way BlueHeaven mentioned.

What OS are you using?

If your on XP right click on your desktop and go to properties, then click the settings tab. Their should be a box with two more boxes in it. Click the Box with the number two (2) then click the check box that say "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor." which ever side the box that says number two (2) of the box that says number one (1) is the way you will have to move your mouse to get stuff onto the other monitor.

Hope this helps

yeah i don't have those configure options.

i have

set-up multiple displays

and

Multiple display config wizard.

There was no option when setting up the second monitor for "Spanned Desktop" where it combines the two screens into one big desktop? Or any other options besides just displaying the same screen twice?

I've used the nVidia software as well for my laptop and was able to have two screens. I set them up in the same way BlueHeaven mentioned.

yeah but it forces me to match resolution with my POS screen. Is there any way around that? and the screen looks stretched and distorted.

i could always get seperate desktops. i wanted to run BF2 on my main, and BF2CC on the secondary, so i wouldn't have to alt+tab to boot hackers and people who were better than me lol. i could get them both to display on the proper monitor, but couldn't get the mouse to swing on the second monitor....my player would just turn in circles lol lol lol lol stoopid me.

yeah but it forces me to match resolution with my POS screen. Is there any way around that? and the screen looks stretched and distorted.

After doing this, you should be able to click on the CRT monitor box and change its resolution seperately. Keyword being 'should' :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom