Drivers for laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i finally got XP on here, but the audio and network drivers I have dont work. i went into the device manager, and the audio device is not showing up, and neither is the onboard network drivers. the wireless shows up, but the driver doesn't work. so currently I am using a crappy netgear usb adapter that has me just barley limpin on the web.

is there a tool I can download that will tell me what devices are in the pc so I can get the right drivers?

i got the touchpad, chipset, modem, and graphics drivers.

i need the audio and network, but neither are in the device manager. there is a PCI device that has no drivers, and my built in wireless which im going to try and find next.

It might help if you tell us what laptop you are working with.

SigmaTel Audio drivers can be found at the Gateway site. Try finding a driver from an older model that originally came with XP. Same goes for the rest of the drivers.

ever look at sigs? dont mean to be an ***, but i have the model number in there.

Gateway MT6729

Got the built in wireless drivers now, gonna work on the built in lan drivers, then audio. im guessing the audio drivers are the PCI device in the device manager.

It never fails to amaze me when people come looking for help but then act like ***holes when they get asked a question.

Funny part is, the guy you acted like an *** to still is trying to help you.

I thought sigs were a way to show off one's pride and joy. I don't take for granted the computer in the sig is the one with the problem.

srry guys. its just how i post, if I have more than one pc in the sig, then i will post the specs, if not then thats the pc with the problem unless i state otherwise, because right now i only got one pc in the house that I use. i dont use the desktop anymore because thats my friends pc to use when he is here, and i always use my laptop.

well i got all of the drivers. the audio chipset is a SigmaTel High Definition Audio Device 92XX

and the network is a rtl8181 for wireless and rtl8139 for wired.

i checked up to maybe 100+ different audio drivers and the first one that worked only came out of the speakers on the laptop and when i hooked it up to the headphone jack there was no sound, so i found another driver that worked, but the audio was distorted until I restarted.

wireless had the same problem, checked about 20 drivers and finally found one that worked.

onboard yet again, same problem, checked about 50+ different drivers, and the same version about 20 times, then it finally worked.

is there a tool I can download that will tell me what devices are in the pc so I can get the right drivers?

also, that was my question. I finally found a program that worked, it told me the model numbers of the components, so i could go find the drivers, since gateway doesn't have xp drivers for this laptop, only vista.

also, that was my question. I finally found a program that worked, it told me the model numbers of the components, so i could go find the drivers, since gateway doesn't have xp drivers for this laptop, only vista.

Good to see you got things going.

What program did you use? I use Everest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom