Anyone Recommend a NAS box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Fully Optimized
So, Can anyone recommend a two disk NAS box which supports RAID 1 of HDDs atleast 500gb in size? Preferably it should be an nippy as possible.

Any input welcome, i'm buying a NAS box tonight.

I'm looking at these three currently:

D-Link DNS 323

Qnap Turbo Station TS209

Synology Disk Station DS-207+

Edit: I bought the D-Link DNS 323 BTW, good value and not as ugly as the DS-207+.

Thought I would try to get a recommendation as well here. Looking for an inexpensive NAS to hold videos, itunes, general backup and very importantly.... should be able to receive files from my small business as an "off-site backup" over the net.
I see a lot of them have "web-page" access, but i think I would need a FTP access? At the office I use Windows XP and would be trying to just have it automatically back up over the net to my NAS here at home.
I like the look of the dual disk HP mediasmart but didnt really want to spend more then $200-300.
Cold really use some help here:confused:

MrCoffee

now you have had your NAS box for a while, what do you think of it?

I'm looking to get one for home, interested in speed and noise level primary low power level secondary

steve

A much better solution is the Drobo. It retails for $500 and can have a network attachment added to make it a network attached storage solution for a little extra. It is the most advanced form of storage (Data Robotics) and will guarantee to be the safest and easiest storage manager. It protects your data in the event that one of the hard drives fails.

It can hold up to 4 hard drives of SATA connector type. They can mix and max brands, sizes, speeds, etc. You could use a 150GB Raptor, a 500GB Seagate 7200.11, and a Maxtor 200GB 5400rpm all in the same machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom