Questionz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would run any card just fine. Only drawback with 3870 is that you couldn't crossfire with the 780i board.

EDIT: You seem to have been faster than me by a few seconds :p

Here are my specs so far and the only reason I am including the 780i is for the SLI purpose. I hope ATI doesnt come up with something better lolz. Their cards run cooler than Nvidias owing to the 55nm layout but then again, my main aim is to run a single videocard without running into heat issues.

I didnt want to buy an OC card but I dont know if I should. The thing is, I dont wish to get into the hassle of a water-cooling system for my rig. This is why I am looking for ways to get away with a cooler setup that performs well without over heating on stock settings.

For this purpose, I am going to go with the following...

EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache
ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound - Retail
Either SAPPHIRE 100225L Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4
OR
EVGA 512-P3-N862-AR GeForce 9600GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3

depending on the one that runs cooler and consumes less power for a single card setup.

I am missing on the psu, dont know which one to get. but I wont be SLI'ing for a long time not for atleast a year after spending so much initially .

For a power supply all you'd need is a Corsair 520hx. And for your graphics card go with the 9600GT. You can get a great card for $150 at newegg. Plus the 9600GT uses low amounts of power and mine ran relatively cool and quiet.

Plus it has great performance and if you ever choose to go SLI, the 9600GT x2 is one of the best SLI solutions to date. Plus it will end up being cheaper in the long run.

For a power supply all you'd need is a Corsair 520hx. And for your graphics card go with the 9600GT. You can get a great card for $150 at newegg. Plus the 9600GT uses low amounts of power and mine ran relatively cool and quiet.

Plus it has great performance and if you ever choose to go SLI, the 9600GT x2 is one of the best SLI solutions to date. Plus it will end up being cheaper in the long run.

hey buddy, i have a question. you are running q6600 @ 3.0 ghz. how hot does your motherboard run, assuming you also have the 9800GX2 running when you game..

All the system temperatures were well within normal range. Plus the 780i comes with a northbridge fan to help keep that cool as well. I had a pretty good airflow case so that was a plus as well. It was a customer's build and I didn't save any screen shots of the temperatures, but they were all well within the 30-40C range, I believe, even with the higher voltages from the overclock.

I'll just post in q.6 here ....

6. Whats the difference between the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L and the GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R?

Reason: I read one of the reviews on the Gigabyte P35-DS3R motherboard but when I type the exact name, I cant get that model. I just keep getting different variations.

Here's the reviewed model.
It seems to be a really nice motherboard, how good is it going to be compared to the most sold gigabyte motherboard on newegg, the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L?

Can anyone link me to the model reviewed above or explain the difference between the two I mentioned?

the Ep35 is a energy saving board and has a newer BIOS

the ds3l vs ds3r:

ds3l has no RAID and not as many SATA ports

So, the GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R is what I should go for then.

Is the model reviewed on Legit the same as above?

On Page3 of the review, the booklet reads " GA-P35-DS3R/S3R "

forget the /S3R , I cant even see the "P35" instead I find "EP35" everywhere!

They discontinued those, the EP35-DS3R is better anyways, goes good with a green machine, so its good to save some of that power, because once you start overclocking, you'll probably lose that power saved :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom