Geforce 9800 GX2 temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used all the white paste that came with the Heat Sink, I'm ordering the Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound from New Egg so I'm going to re-seat it when it comes in. But how do I solve the heat from the GPU? Please help, thank you.

Ive got the 9800 GX2 as well... I used rivatuner and turned my fan speed to 80%, OC'ed to 736/???/1100... at work so I cant remember the exact OC, and playing crysis i am about 70C on load... the fan on this thing is quite loud but with my side panel on kinda muffles it out quite a bit. figured I would sacrifice a little noise to protect my $600 investment lol

Yes, my temps are usually 45-50C on idle for the 9800GX2, and 60-65C on load. I used RivaTuner and cranked the fan speed up to 90% for idle and 95% for gaming. Keeps everything at the temps I stated, plus as long as you have good speakers or are wearing headphones, the fan noise won't bother ya.

I used all the white paste that came with the Heat Sink, I'm ordering the Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound from New Egg so I'm going to re-seat it when it comes in. But how do I solve the heat from the GPU? Please help, thank you.
wiat.. u used the whole bottle on the cpu? arent u supoposed to put a pea sized drop in the middle? correct me if im wrong

Thanks! I'll download the RivaTuner 2.0 and turn the fan speed up.
For the white paste... it's like a sticky glue more than liquid, so I spreaded it around the heat sink and drop it on the CPU (I hope I'm doing it right).

Also, how do I know if I did my heat sink correctly? Is there a program to detect that, or I just base it on the temperature? Thanks again everyone for your advice/insight.

Quick question. How did you apply the thermal paste on the cpu. Unless you are overclocked, you should NOT be idling above 40C unless its like 80F in your place.

Read this. http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appinstruct/as5/ins_as5_intel_quad_wcap.pdf

NExt, the GX2 will run fairly warm. From what i have read, the cosmos doesnt have very good cooling for the video cards. If you are using that "channel" thingy, take that crap out and make sure you have a fan blowing on the video card.

My quad idles around 40C at 3.6ghz and my GX2 idles around 60, loads up to around 75C.

Thanks veedubfreak, I just opened the plastic package and put the paste on the heat sink, then rubbed it around evenly.

I'll re-apply the Artic Silver when I get it like the PDF guide stated.

Any recommendation on the PCI Fan to blow directly on the graphic card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom