I recently built my first computer -

Antec PlusView 1000AMG
P4 3.4 GHz
Abit IC7-G
2x512 MB PC3200
Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256 MB
PowMax 580W PSU
etc.

Anyway, I noticed that the CPU temp was getting a bit high so I replaced the stock heat sink with a Thermaltake Spark 7+ (with Arctic Silver 5). Now the CPU is running a few degrees cooler but its still at about 47 idle and 61 at full load (CPU fan at 6000+ rpm). I have 5 case fans and the temps stay the same with the case open so I don't think that is the problem. Is there anything I could do (outside of water cooling or peltier devices) or could there be a problem with my temperature sensors?

Everything is clean and I'm using SATA cables and round IDE cables so the airflow isn't obstructed. The case is also a full tower so its quite big.

hmm.. you did mention it is a big case. What kind of case is it? Like i have a xaserIII and there are so many fans in it since its a huge case. So i would add more fans in it if there aren't enough already.

The case is an Antec Plusview 1000AMG and I have all five case fan slots filled (3 in and 2 out). The ambient temperature where I am right now is around 25 to 28C.

Also, make sure there is enough thermal compound on your heatsink and cpu and make sure they are properly touching each other.

I had my cpu temp at about 47 and i realized i had my heatsink leaning to the left a little, so i repositioned it and got my cpu temp down to about 32 C

I've been mainly using Abit's temperature monitoring software although I have checked the BIOS temps and they seemed about the same (for idling). I have plenty of thermal compound on the CPU and have reseated the heatsink several times to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom