Cooler Master Jet 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
Well I just ordered a Cooler Master Jet 4 cpu heatsink and fan. I bought it off of xoxide.com for around 40 bucks or so. It seems like a good hs/f, especially when compared to the stock intel hs/f lol. Is there anything I should keep in mind when replacing the stock cpu hs/f with the Cooler Master Jet 4?

Also what do you think of it?

Im using it and it works very well i paid like $27.00 for it at newegg 6 months ago.

under load i average 115 f - at idle im around 98 f
before under load 124 f - at idle 105 f

Good fan... good brand. They come with some thermal paste too, but i used arctic silver on mine. My temps are 45-52c under load (in the hot florida muggy weather). Without the cooler master i'd be pushin 60c easy because it gets to 95 degrees in this house each and every day when the sun is up (and that's with the AC on full blast - bad house insulation and a bad ac make for hot days here).

yeah its pretty hot here in KY around this time and I too am going to put arctic silver 5 with mine, so I hope it does a good job. I'll be sure to post the results as soon as it arrives and I install it.

note...i posted this when someone else inquired about the cooler master
wait wait, please first take notice of the air flow it moves, only up to 20 cfm? thats not very good, esp' if you over clock. cfm=cubic feet per minute of air it moves. i run a $10 38cfm lighted fan but with the copper heatsink it runs about $25-30.

my house is hot, no ac but my temps are 34c idle, 49c under hours of gaming, its oc'd too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom