Tool Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
Its there a decent pre made tool kit specifically for pc repair out there, or something similar?

I bought one from Compusa years back, but its junk.

You just want tools? Or do you want little bits of stuff with it? Like special screws, brackets, cable ties, wire crimps, etc.

I just basically went out and bought a set of the small phillips screwdrivers, a compact cordless battery powered drill, some custom drill heads (star heads, square, allen wrench), and then all I've ever used other than that are some needle nose, and zip ties. I've accumulated all the screws and small parts I'll ever need from the extras of past builds.

Here is a full 130-piece set from Tiger Direct for $33:
Ultra 130 Piece Premium Tool Kit

Comes with:
Anti-Static Wrist Strap Three Prongs Holder, Electronic Tester, Brush, Knife
6 - Hex Key Bits: 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6mm
4 - Piece Electronic Combination Wrench Set
8 - Star Bits: T10h, T15h, T20h, T25h, T27h, T30h, T35h, T40h
2 - Phillips Bits: #0, #2
4 - Tri-Wing Bits: #1, #2, #3, #4
4 - Square Bits: #0, #1, #2, #3
2 - Flat Bits: 4mm, 6mm
6 - Hex Key Bits: 5/64", 3/32", 7/64", 1/8", 9/64", 5/32"
6 - Hex Key Bits: 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm
5 - Torque Bits: T8, T10, T15, T20, T27
7 - Sockets: 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, 11mm
3 - Way Reversible Ratchet Handle
9 - Hex Keys
4 - 1/2" Side Cutter
20 - Screws (2 Types)
10 - Jumpers
10 - Washers
10 - Cable Ties
5" Wire Cutter / Stripper
5" Long Nose Pliers
8" Crimping Tool
Pozidriver Bit, Mini Pan Flashlight, Spare Parts Box, I.C. Insertion-Extraction Clipper, Solder Reel, Solder Iron, Pvc Leather Zipper Case

also depending on what you're doing in terms of repair. If you're doing diag then you're gonna want a PSU tester, a network cable tester, and also if you're doing cable's you're going to want that crimper and some ends/cabling etc..

For screws and stuff hit up your local electrical supply store, tons of everything you need for a lot cheaper than you'll find off any web store.

I got hundreds of screws (various threads) and mounts for a couple of bucks. And they have pretty much any tool you need for working in the case.

I think what ill end up doing is just buying a small tool box from Home Depot and making something up myself. In the end its going to be more expensive, but then at least Ill have everything I need.

A good cheap organizer for your screws and stuff are those little compartmentalized tackle boxes, cost like $3 each.

They look a little like this but are even smaller and would easily fit into a tool box with other tools. They have dividers you add yourself to make the compartments as big or little as you like.

Canadian Tire

[edit] Here is a better example....should have gone to a real fishing store to begin with

Bass Pro Shops Storage Boxes[/edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom