Which AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVID_15

In Runtime
Im thinking of getting a amd but the problem is that i dont know what ''THOROUGHBRED'' and ''BARTON'' means...if i was gona get 1 which 1 would be a better choice.....can u plz explain y.

Barton because it is the latest core for Athlon XP and is well known for its OCing capability's;)

Thoroughbred is the first AMD Processor that did not overheat so easily and it was the 1st step in major overclocking for the AMD series, and the barton core perfected the technique of overclocking

which 1 do u think i should get out of these two

AMD ATHLON/THOROUGHBRED XP2700 333FSB (2.16ghz)

or

AMD ATHLON BARTON XP2800 333FSB (2.08ghz)

BARTON as for a few reasons.

Barton Cores do not heat up as bady at thoroughbred.
Barton Cores are also FSB333 and FSB400. THOROUGHBRED are only FSB266.

Finally (as I am looking at my AMD Pricing now), THOROUGHBRED are going to be EOL shortly. I have noticed that that :-
* ATHLON XP 2000+ BOX, 266MHz FSB THOROUGHBRED is End Of Life.
* ATHLON XP 2200+ BOX 266MHz FSB THOROUGHBRED is just hard to get.
* Leaving the ATHLON XP 2400+ BOX, 266MHz FSB THOROUGHBRED as the lowest Athlon CPU i can currently get my hands on.
* And for about another AU$20, I can get my hands on ATHLON XP 2600+ BOX, 333MHz FSB BARTON CPU. So why bother with playng purchasing So to be discontinued technology.

can some 1 tell me the the cache on the THOROUGHBRED and BARTON.is there any good site that tells me the good and bad about AMD and INFO about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom