Need help with Slipstreaming XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
putting it in here because it gets more traffic, so heres the deal.

Vista on my lappy is gettin BAD so I want to reinstall with xp, but there is a problem.

The hard drive is SATA and made by intel, and the drivers are not on the xp disk. I would normally just make a floppy and pop that in the floppy drive and do it that way, but i dont have a floppy drive, and im not going to get one for the laptop.

So, I have been doing some research, and heard of something called Slipstreaming. I have tried various different methods, from doing it manually, using programs to make the slipstream, have the install look on a flash drive, nothing works. the drivers are correct, but I can't get the hang of it.

Does anybody here know how to slipstream SATA drivers on to a XP Pro SP2 disk? its becoming a real hassle to use vista now, and i have a brand new xp disk that I got just to use on the laptop, but it dont work.

putting it in here because it gets more traffic, so heres the deal.

Vista on my lappy is gettin BAD so I want to reinstall with xp, but there is a problem.

The hard drive is SATA and made by intel, and the drivers are not on the xp disk. I would normally just make a floppy and pop that in the floppy drive and do it that way, but i dont have a floppy drive, and im not going to get one for the laptop.

So, I have been doing some research, and heard of something called Slipstreaming. I have tried various different methods, from doing it manually, using programs to make the slipstream, have the install look on a flash drive, nothing works. the drivers are correct, but I can't get the hang of it.

Does anybody here know how to slipstream SATA drivers on to a XP Pro SP2 disk? its becoming a real hassle to use vista now, and i have a brand new xp disk that I got just to use on the laptop, but it dont work.
you can use nlite to slipstream service packs, drivers etc

or you can slipstream them manually:
How To: Slipstream your XP installation - admin - Maximum PC
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom