So I picked up a Lite-on Blu-Ray player for my comp last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDCP is a major reason why I have no desire to bother with Blu-Ray. I mean, if I am willing to shell out the money for a drive/player, and then not be able to use, I would have wasted the money. but, then, that is the plan.

Before some smart*&% decides to chime in about not buying one if you can't afford the rest, I say that's BS. The media should be able to run on whatever hardware it is hooked to, period. If it requires something special, it should be part of the package. this is just another excuse for a company to milk us for more and more.

I would like to have a Blu-Ray, just for the storage capacity. But I cannot justify in my own mind paying what they are selling for right now.

HDCP is a major reason why I have no desire to bother with Blu-Ray. I mean, if I am willing to shell out the money for a drive/player, and then not be able to use, I would have wasted the money. but, then, that is the plan.

Before some smart*&% decides to chime in about not buying one if you can't afford the rest, I say that's BS. The media should be able to run on whatever hardware it is hooked to, period. If it requires something special, it should be part of the package. this is just another excuse for a company to milk us for more and more.

I would like to have a Blu-Ray, just for the storage capacity. But I cannot justify in my own mind paying what they are selling for right now.

Speaking of HDCP, do you have any idea when it's going to become implemented?

I'll probably jump on the bandwagon when it becomes $100

I wouldn't doubt that's going to happen sometime soon. Well, the PC drives that is, not stand alone.

TheOtis said:
Speaking of HDCP, do you have any idea when it's going to become implemented?
Nope. Never would be good for me, or making it optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom