AMD Phenom X3 8750 Reviewed at OCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The conclusion of this review look biased to me

Because they are comparing it to E8500, and they are claiming that Phenom X3 has better performance per $ because it cost $100 cheaper, LOL !

Why they don't compare it to E8400 ? E8400 cost $100 cheaper than E8500 and the performance difference between E8400 and E8500 is very very small ?

Here is another review
bit-tech.net | AMD Phenom X3 8750

Since Phenom X3 8750 and E8400 cost the same, then comparing them is more fair than comparing Phenom X3 8750 to E8500

First: E8400 at stock speeds outperforms Phenom X3 8750 in all gaming benchmark. Actually E8400 at stock speeds outperformed X3 8750 overclocked to 3.0GHz in all gaming benchmark.

Second: Even though E8400 is a dual core, it performed better than a stock Phenom 8750 in some of the applications that utilize 3 cores !!

In addition to that E8400 consume much less power than Phenom X3

So, in other words

- E8400 performs better than Phenom 8750 in gaming even even if you overclock phenom 8750 to 3.0GHz
- E8400 smokes Phenom 8750 in application that can't advantage of more that two cores
- E8400 performs almost as good as Phenom 8750 in multi-threaded applications
- E8400 consume much less power and run cooler than Phenom 8750

And E8400 is already out, and you can get it now, while the slower 8750 is not out yet

Even the cheaper E8200 had better average performance than those tri-cores

I had no fear that you would be the first to swing a bashing hammer, maroon.

Actually, the X3 is not a bad chip at all. As the review said, it has its strong points, but it has its faults, as in it is not a screaming overclocker. But it performs very well on stock speeds, and fits in between the dual and quad cores in performance and price.

Is the review biased? I don't see that. The reviewer was rather frank about his disappointments about the chip. The review didn't cherrypick, either, but used across the board testing. Why did he use the E8500 instead of the E8400? I don't know... maybe that's what he had on hand.

Either way, lighten up. Intel is on top right now, and we all know it, and no one else has a problem with it. AMD's efforts, while not as fast as Intel's, is keeping Intel innovating instead of stagnating, which is a good thing for everyone. I, for one, have always rooted for the underdog, but I have enough common sense to see how things work in the real world.

performs very well on stock speeds, and fits in between the dual and quad cores in performance and price.

For your information, 8750 at stock speeds had worse average performance than Intel dual core E8400 according to the review I posted.

And remember that both cost the $189 USD in 1,000-units. So, the E8400 offers better performance per $ than 8750. So, no they don't fit in between the dual and quad cores in performance and price.

Not to mention that E8400 consume less power and run much cooler

I know many AMD lovers here are afraid from the truth, they don't want us to spread the truth, just because they want to support AMD !

Why did he use the E8500 instead of the E8400? I don't know... maybe that's what he had on hand.

Between E8500 and E8400 there is 0.16GHz difference only. But E8400 cost $100 cheaper. I think it would be much more fair if they compare 8750 to E8400. But it seems that they compared it to E8500 just to show that 8750 has good performance per $.

I know many AMD lovers here are afraid from the truth, they don't want us to spread the truth, just because they want to support AMD !
Fanboyism is ugly no matter what side it comes from. I don't support it from anyone.

I was not familiar with the differences between the E8400 and the E8500. It is sort of funny, considering the naming of the two.

fanboyism is a natural. people have their preferences. when it gets ugly is when you try to force your fanboyism on someone else. which in my opinion is what maroon and theend have done. its one thing to state facts, but to force opinions forumulated from those facts and try to bash the other side based on those is where I and I think other people would agree, get a little ****ed and iritable.

the tri cores look like a nice alternative for a quality low of the middle end system.

Notice how whenever someone posts something about Amd, maroon comes right in and starts crapping the thread? Its that stuff right there that makes a fanboy. When you go out of your way, to bash AMD...well you already know.

Amd has the best intergrated video chipset right now, and is slaughtering Intels. Do i go around bashing intel cause of it???

This looks like a nice chip, and holds up pretty well. Im sure the price will come down on it also.

Actually, we're not afraid, and we're not against truth. We just don't like it when Intel fans keep hammering their opinions of the AMD chips like it's their mission in life.

Basically, we know that the Intel CPU's are currently faster. We also don't care, because we know the CPU's AMD make are fast too, despite what people might say. I'm not going to get into a point by point argument about it, but that's is the truth.

Also, personally, and I know there are people that agree with me, but I just don't like Intel. And this is for reasons other than how fast their current CPU's are. and no, I'm not going to debate that either.

Now, I'm going to search for some laptops with Via Isaiah chips. They'd be great for University.

Actually, we're not afraid, and we're not against truth. We just don't like it when Intel fans keep hammering their opinions of the AMD chips like it's their mission in life.

Basically, we know that the Intel CPU's are currently faster. We also don't care, because we know the CPU's AMD make are fast too, despite what people might say. I'm not going to get into a point by point argument about it, but that's is the truth.

Also, personally, and I know there are people that agree with me, but I just don't like Intel. And this is for reasons other than how fast their current CPU's are. and no, I'm not going to debate that either.

Now, I'm going to search for some laptops with Via Isaiah chips. They'd be great for University.

I admit I am kind of an AMD Fanboy, but I do know that Intel is better, just because Intel is just not likable after their attempt at a monopoly with Dell, and their market schemes are... not exactly friendly

They are the center of evil :D

When one goes to read a maroon1 post, they usually need to calm down, take a few deep breaths, and remember to themselves the speech that he is going to repeat. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom