Video Chipset - Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used up a 6800gs on a 300watt... and a 8600 gs should use less power... ur fine..

8600gs?

you mean 8600gt right?

but ya they can do well in your game, and are selling dirt cheap thanks to the 9xxx series

Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

$50 with MIR, but if you can step to an 8800gs for around $99 its tons better than a 8600gt (but it maybe out of your budget) but are you 100% sure its PCI-e?

Im definately sure it is PCI-E. it also seems that I have a laptop motherboard. I think the BIOS is fixed, and I also have a video chipset. (IS this integrated?)

In other words to cut this down (to help you guys out) Im switching from WoW to AoC and I want to be able to play AoC on decent settings (medium - high) so im do-ing up my comp to do this. Ive used some computer component scanners and this is what came up:

The following is a list of what our scan was able to detect:
System Manufacturer: PACKARD BELL BV
System Model: ISTART 2311
Motherboard Manufacturer: PACKARD BELL BV
Motherboard Model: MCP61

Maximum Memory Capacity: 16777216 MB
Currently Installed Memory: 1024 MB
Available Memory Slots: 2
Number of Banks: 4
Dual Channel Support: N.A.
CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
CPU Family: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ Model 11, Stepping 1
CPU Speed: 1800 MHz

RAM banks are fine. Its just the power supply and Video card im not happy with. Power supply will be easy to buy and attach inside the tower, but the video card im not so sure on because im inexperienced. I wonder if I can just attach it once I get it? and will it replace the video chipset? My friend said if I take out the chipset, uninstall its driver, then put in the card and download the driver for that it will work. This is true stuff?
Ive also just looked in device manager for my video card, this is:
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (I think I downloaded this) isnt this a laptop one also?

dont take out your chipset... you cant its kinda soldered to your motherboard. also might help more if you gave us your model number and manufature of your computer

for example HP Pavalon a427

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom