Official Intel Overclocking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice clock, finally a 680i to compare.

oc1.jpg

Having RAM issues, When i run ram:fsb at 1:1 i get bad boots. any suggestions?

Oh RAM V is 2.2v

when u run ram 1:1 in bios it will go to what u put your fsb to before you divide that by 4... it was tryin to run it at 1333. to get a 1:1 run your ram unlinked at 667 then you will be able to lower some timings...

also there are alot of ppl here who have 680i's mgcook has his posted, he ran at 3.2 24/7. nosboost has one also. veedub has one tooo. all there overclocks are in this thread

when u run ram 1:1 in bios it will go to what u put your fsb to before you divide that by 4... it was tryin to run it at 1333. to get a 1:1 run your ram unlinked at 667 then you will be able to lower some timings...

also there are alot of ppl here who have 680i's mgcook has his posted, he ran at 3.2 24/7. nosboost has one also. veedub has one tooo. all there overclocks are in this thread

Doh...... I'm an idiot... I knew it was trying to run at 1333mhz, Just never thunk to set it at 667!

Hmmm, didn't see they're OC stuff, Too much chatter between posts, so i probably glazed over.

Thanks

patonb: If you wish to have your overclock recorded in the Original post you will need to post your results in the format laid out, and just as well the same format everyone else followed.

Yha.. I knew, I REALLY just wanted help with my RAM so i added the screen more for extra info than for the score.

It's only 3.0 so it's not in the top.. and barely stressed.

But thanks for the reminder...My Superpi's more impressive than my OC at 17.603.

Ive been reading about overclocking well before I built my first rig. gave it my first shot this morning. All i did was change the FSB to 400 and it gave a oc to 3.6, just what I figured. I ran Prime 95 for about 2 1/5 hours afterwards and didnt get any errors at all. Im running it over night tonight. should I up the vcore at all, or if its stable just leave it?
octo36wprimerealtempetcda0.png

Just learning about it so Im taking it very easy, decided to leave the easytune alone and do it in BIOS.

if its stable just leave it, if anything try lowering it and see if you stable there

edit i just realized that all you did was change fsb, you prolly have all you other stuff set to auto your gonna wanna set those to defined settings in your bios also(voltages, ram settings...)

I added a link to the Hard Forum Overclocking Data base.

Final Vcore is chip and cooling dependant, some people can have medium to crazy overclocks on near to slightly above stock voltage because the chip may have a low VID or is just a rare good overclocker.

my VID is 1.25 and I only need 1.3375v for 3.6 Ghz, some chips clock better than others on lower voltages, that is all.

Hey Ste, since I don't have a Core Architecture based CPU, and I want to be part of the list, what do you recommend I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom