So I picked up a Lite-on Blu-Ray player for my comp last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
It was only $140. Granted, I do have a PS3, but I don't really have time to set up Linux and learn how to back up my Blu-Rays through it.

My queston is, when will HDCP come in effect? I can play a Blu-Ray on my non HDCP monitor just fine, as well as play the back up copy on my hard drive of it, just fine?

On a side note- HOLY COW! All 4 cores are running between 20%-35% and it's taking up 2032MB of RAM! And my goodness, the audio is incredible through my Logitech 5.1's (Only use my TV speakers for my PS3) .

Sure am glad to see the resources I have being used :)

wow, I have a capable monitor but incapable pc, thanks for posting resource usage, that is crazy high and I'll need to keep that in mind for my next pc

Eh, I've always been a fan of Lite-On. Every computer I've built for myself and friends and family, I've used Lite-On. They last for a long time. This time I ended up going with a Phillips, It's all the store had and wasn't patient enough to wait haha.

Doesn't the monitor need to be HDCP

I don't believe yet. At some point, yes. Whenever they active HDCP, on already released Blu-Rays or new ones, from my understanding, you'll either get an error telling you theirs an HDCP issue and/or the screen will go black (On blu-ray players for TV's and PS3's). Frankly, I'm surprised I was able to back up "I am Legend" being as it's such a big blockster and popular, you'd think by now you wouldn't be able to.

Eh, I've always been a fan of Lite-On. Every computer I've built for myself and friends and family, I've used Lite-On. They last for a long time. This time I ended up going with a Phillips, It's all the store had and wasn't patient enough to wait haha.

Only reason i said was cause pioneer makes really nice drives, up there with plextor. Id like one myself, but monies are low at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom