video card dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

korky122

In Runtime
i had my 7900gt now for over 2 years now. lots of gaming. i'm seeing all these specs all over screen and they're flickering. when i try to update the driver. bsod.

hmm... have you checked what the temps usually run on your card... have you tried re-seating, or even if your fan is still working on it?

Those are just some basic things.. but all things that would cause that. Definitely sounds like a hardware failure.

i've tried reseating it. acctually took it out to look for phyiscal damage to the fan and heatsink..

Well, usually when cards go out, you can spot fried circuits. But, I guess if a re-seat doesn't help, then a replacement is probably all that will help.

My money would be on either the fan having gone out, or being clogged. Take the card out and check to make sure it doesnt have a small rodent living in it (or dust bunny if you prefer) and that the fan spins freely.

My money would be on either the fan having gone out, or being clogged. Take the card out and check to make sure it doesnt have a small rodent living in it (or dust bunny if you prefer) and that the fan spins freely.

Never heard the small rodent expression before :)

If you had seen some of the machines i have worked on, you'd understand. I opened one computer that probably hadnt been opened in 6 years. It looked like someone tossed a cat into a wood chipper and sprayed it into the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom