LCD Screens, Bare... Any way to use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelDan

Beta member
Hi,
I have atleast 4-5 Bare LCD Screens (All intact), Im wondering if i can either modify these to allow them to be used with the computer? or if i can get someone else, To modify them.

Ill add some pictures of them shortly, Showing what type of connections/wires they have on them.

By bare i mean "Just the screens, No case, Etc".

Thanks,
Daniel

Well you would have to build a enclosure first. Then you would have to have a SLi or Crossfire setup to allow for all those monitors to be hooked up at once. From what i know can not output the Video singal to that many sources and have it work properly.

Do these LCDs have controller cards?

If they're from laptops, you need controller cards, to input a source.

Thanks for the replys. Each screen is 17" and came from an actual Monitor/Screen. They have come from faulty DVD/TV Combo's, Where only the DVD has been broken, Screens work fine.

I have SLI, Although.. At the time there is no way to use the computers, I have the boards and such for them.

Im wanting to make put the Boards in to a box/enclosure? Wire all of them up to it, Plug in the power supplys. Put the Brackets on the LCD Screens then put them up on the wall, Im wondering if this would maybe work?

Then maybe use a VGA Screen Splitter? So, They can all be used with the same image at one time.

Yes a display distribution box (listed in the catalog i have with them in) is what you would need to run the same display on different screens, but unless you are doing this for something specific i don't see much point.

Then maybe use a VGA Screen Splitter? So, They can all be used with the same image at one time.

using a Cat.5 VGA splitter <--like the one shown in the link will help you set up multi-screen display from your computer. which i think would be more purposeful than simply having the same thing displayed on every screen!

They are a little bit more expensive however the convenience offered is unparalleled. If however you dont want to shell out on the Cat.5 one there are other options to suit most budgets! Take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom