*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

Weird...how does my laptop Core 2 Duo T9300 (with no clock changes whatsoever) beat out a desktop Core 2 Quad running overclocked? I don't get it, isn't the Quad supposed to be like the best chip ever? Or does Super Pi only use one core?

yes as far as i know super pi is a single threaded app. meaning core number makes no difference, core architecture makes all the difference.

yessss, core architecture and memory latency

otherwise my q6600 woulda mopped the floor on those e8400's...

they should make a multi core version, then you have to prolly compair w/ larger then 1m though...

and stalin, lemme know how you like the 9800gtx

i definitely would love to compare it to the 8800gtx i got :)

bla, just got it had it for about 2 hours im still using cd drivers so i dont expect it to perform top notch, did 3dmark got around 15500 at 770/1150 w/ 3.2 q6600. but later on tonight im gonna update the drivers and tweek it a lil more. for the oc i just used evga's SSC overclock on the card i plan to push it farther..

although i expected to get a lil more outta it cuz my 8800gt at 700/1000 got low 14k. ill have to see if drivers help

edit, at stock speed though i got higher then my oc'ed gt

man 15.5k is alot!!! those 9800gtx's love 3dmark!!! but i mean game performance!!! lolsssss, i can't take on a g92 in 3dmark

lol ya it is, i was hopin for 16k though idk ill have to see, push the quad a lil farther and up the clock a smidge with the 9800. ill also run the crysis bench as soon as i update crysis... im not even sure if i have it instaled anymore... "looks" yep there it is lol

Back
Top Bottom