Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be done via the Vista DVD. But it does not do a full format. It jsut does a quick format to get rid of the data on the drive.

Use GParted. You will have to use a 3rd party tool since Vista does not have a full format option built in. Can use KillDisk, DBan or Acronis Disk Director as well. But i always suggest Gparted.

Use GParted. You will have to use a 3rd party tool since Vista does not have a full format option built in. Can use KillDisk, DBan or Acronis Disk Director as well. But i always suggest Gparted.

hmm.. i dont feel experienced enough =S

It's not that hard. Google search for 'Gparted', download the ISO file, then google for 'Imgburn' and install that, unless you already have a program that will burn ISOs for you. Burn the ISO to a blank CD, and boot off of the disc.

then from there? or is it self explanatory?

sorry for seeming dumb... just don't want to mess anything up!

If you have a linux live cd, gparted is usually on them. It's really easy to format with gparted though. There will be a graphical representation of your partitions. You click on the existing ones you want to get rid of and click delete. Then create the new partition(s) and hit apply.

Use GParted. You will have to use a 3rd party tool since Vista does not have a full format option built in.

Wow... M$ never ceases to amaze me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom