9800GTX or 8800GT step up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be ideal, but the long delay in European step up has meant that while I might have sold the card for £80-100 a few months ago, people are having difficulty shifting them for £50 today.

The EU step up does get taxed, and is ludicrously expensive, but is just about worth it (only just for me) given the GTX is going a bit cheaper.

If you are worried about tax, don't come to the UK!

Or colorado. Federal income tax, state income tax, sales tax, gas tax, alcohol tax, school tax (even if you were smart enough not to knock out any crib midgets), property tax, vehicle license tax....

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION. Oh wait, i guess we have representation, they just dont give a crap about how much we pay in tax since they make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Moore's Law? Don't you mean Murphey's Law?, lol jk...

No. To sum it up- Moores law states that the number of transistors on an intergrated circuit will double every two years. The only reason this has been held true so far is because of multi-core CPU's. They're reaching physical limitations now.

The space between the gate and p-type or n-type doped silicon is around 3 atoms thick now I believe, so they really can't go much smaller, making it hard to add more transistors, makeing the jump to 32nm even harder.

I was told by my microelectronics teacher (Who has a PhD in physics) that no matter what Intel says, they're not near and are having a hard time reaching 32nm.

I'll be surprised if we ever get to 11 nanometer haha. They won't be able to etch or use a few other processes they currently use in the fab process.

ha, whoops. explained way too much

/end

No. To sum it up- Moores law states that the number of transistors on an intergrated circuit will double every two years. The only reason this has been held true so far is because of multi-core CPU's. They're reaching physical limitations now.
ha, whoops. explained way too much

You sure did... I said "jk" at the end of my post and even "lol'd" jk means Just kidding....

In other words it was a joke.... and you just made it funnier...

Or colorado. Federal income tax, state income tax, sales tax, gas tax, alcohol tax, school tax (even if you were smart enough not to knock out any crib midgets), property tax, vehicle license tax....

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION. Oh wait, i guess we have representation, they just dont give a crap about how much we pay in tax since they make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Hey, does your gas cost $4 a gallon?

STFU

nope, it costs more like $8.30 per (US) gallon this side of the pond. Apparently we don't do enough invading.

nope, it costs more like $8.30 per (US) gallon this side of the pond. Apparently we don't do enough invading.

Gripe at your government for having such rediculous taxes on "petrol".

And aspire, it costs me 3.59 a gallon here, so its getting close. Anyone living in california is not allowed to gripe about gas prices though. Since EVERYTHING costs too much there.

Yeah, we do get killed on petrol tax (yes petrol. Odd choice of word. perhaps its because its LESS AMBIGUOUS THAN 'GAS'), and road use in general. The wonder of living in a welfare state. Still, things could be worse. I could live in the US and be poor. Then I'd be properly f**ked.

maybe tax isn't such a bad think after all, hey?

right I'm off to have a nice cup of freshly ground liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom