Status
Not open for further replies.

forgetful1

Beta member
I am having some trouble
This xp pro is rebooting by it self, when ever it wants

please help

And thank you for any help

Okay have you done and disk checks? Have you tried a repair install? Have you tried any troubleshooting?

Ok, after the computer reboots, after it gets passed the BIOS screen, start pressing F8 until you get to a screen with multiple options about Safe Mode, etc. CHoose the one that says "Disable restart on system failure," then choose XP Pro on the next screen. Let us know if you get a blue screen error.

If you do get a blue screen with white text (BSOD), then write down the following information before you restart, and post it here:

The words in all caps at the top (something like IRQ_IS_LESS_OR_EQUAL) or something like that; and also the STOP error code at the bottom of the screen. It'll be in the following format: 0x000000##, where ## = a combination of numbers/letters.

Ok, after the computer reboots, after it gets passed the BIOS screen, start pressing F8 until you get to a screen with multiple options about Safe Mode, etc. CHoose the one that says "Disable restart on system failure," then choose XP Pro on the next screen. Let us know if you get a blue screen error.

If you do get a blue screen with white text (BSOD), then write down the following information before you restart, and post it here:

The words in all caps at the top (something like IRQ_IS_LESS_OR_EQUAL) or something like that; and also the STOP error code at the bottom of the screen. It'll be in the following format: 0x000000##, where ## = a combination of numbers/letters.

great thanks
very much

o.k i did as you suggested and no blue screen.

I am leaving for a few days but i will check back as soon as i can

Yes stop by again after you get another BSOD and let us know the info we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom