Computer Shuts off randomly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Alright guys so I drove 1000 miles with my PC in the Uhaul. It was in a box and nicely secured in place. Now that I've set it up at my new place my computer likes to work sometimes. Once I turn the PC on it takes 4-5 seconds and than it turns off. Sometimes 10 seconds sometimes a minute. However every 10 tries or so it boots all the way and I can use the computer for about an hour before it just turns off... I've unplugged and re hooked up every component (inside and outside of the case)to see if something got shook lose. But I'm not having any luck.

What do you guys think is damaged? Or what could cause this to happen? I have no clue how to narrow it down to the problem. My specs are in my signature!

Randy

OH and another issue. I was long boarding with my laptop in my backpack and I ate it. Landed right on my back. So now the stupid thing won't turn on. It's a brand new laptop. lol.. Bad week eh? Both gone. :( Any help there would be appreciated too. The charger light turns on when plugged in, but nothing happens when I hit the power button.

Re: **** Uhaul... Computer Shuts off randomly..

Could be something was shook loose during the drive or something could have melted. The back of those Uhaul trucks/trailers can get scorching hot during long drives. I'm not a computer expert yet so I'm not sure about any of this. Anyways I hope your PCs get back up and running soon.

Re: **** Uhaul... Computer Shuts off randomly..

Well did you hear any rattling or anything like that when you moved the PC back into place? Did you put anything n the inside fo the case to prevent the components from moving around at all Couyld be you shook something loose. Were there any parts lying in the bottom of hte case?

As for the laptop....see if you can RMA it. There will be nohting we can do to fix that.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say its the motherboard. Being that its a 680i. Check the codes on it.

I've opened up the case and taken each part apart. So if anything shook loose it's all tight now. I don't see anything melted on the outside, but I can't say for sure on the inside of any of my components. I didn't even think about putitng something inside the case. I'm sure that would of helped. I left an area of about 80 degrees to 35 degrees so I don't really think anything melted.

I was thinking about upgrading to the 780i so I may give it a shot. I'm going to keep testing around to see if I can get it to work first.

As for my laptop I unscrewed probably about 50 screws, took it apart, unplugged wires, and found no visual physical damage. I plugged all the wires back in, screwed it together and turned it on. Surprisingly after doing nothing it turned on! But I can't move it around. Any sudden movements including bending the monitor and it blows out a whistle sound and resets. (Sometime it just blinks black or a wave looking black goes over the screen)

I fixed my laptop! After getting it to work as I mentioned in the last post I figured the problem was obviously the hard drive. I took it out and put it back in as I missed one of the snap in brackets. That fixed it completely and it's working just normal. So at least I have 1 stable computer right now hah... Still trying to figure out what's up with my PC.

Well congrats on the laptop. That is always good to hear.

As for the desktop the only thing i can think of is maybe a sufrace mount part came off from the mobo or something. You never said if anything was loose in the case when you got to your destination.

Well congrats on the laptop. That is always good to hear.

As for the desktop the only thing i can think of is maybe a sufrace mount part came off from the mobo or something. You never said if anything was loose in the case when you got to your destination.

Nothing seemed to be lose when I tightened everything. Everything seems normal as it's been.

Well the only thing i can think of is either

a.) some surface mount parts came off. Which is causing issues.
b.) some parts may have been shaken loose which cause the ports that they were plugged into to shake loose and cause damage.
c.) maybe the heatsink on the CPU???
d.) maybe teh parts hit together?

Honestly i do not know anymore. It is a fix of a situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom