NTFS to FAT32??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mind losing data, then you can re-partition your drive to fat32 using fdisk. Partition Magic might be able to do itwithout losing data. Just not sure.

can you explain to me how to run fdisk and set up new partition properly? Should I do that in outside XP?

lavenderAC said:
can you explain to me how to run fdisk and set up new partition properly? Should I do that in outside XP?

FDISK is a DOS utility that works on FAT/FAT32 volumes and drives. It does not work on NTFS drives.

However, I have heard on another forum where one member was able to remove a NTFS partitition (using FDISK) IF it is the only partition on that HDD. I do not know how true this is as I've never seen it myself - but maybe one of the MODs can verify that for you.

I can verify it. I use to use fdisk all the time to clear the partitions and create a new fat32 partition. It comes up as a non-dos partition. Just delete and create a new partition.

Cool, in that case, I would recommend you make your partition at 8 GB or less depending on the HDD size.

My C drive is currently a NTFS, it is the only partition of my HD. While my D, E is another HD but both in FAT32 mode.

Can you explain to me how to run fdisk or delete/create partitions? Should I boot with MS DOS disk and just run fdisk?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom