Video Chipset - Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Waterhouse

Solid State Member
Im switching from WoW to AoC in May, and I wanna completely overclock my computer. I have RAM sorted I have scanned my computer on Memory upgrades, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com to let me know whats inside my comp and what RAM is compatible.

My real problem is my video chipset.

I've been inside my comp the last couple of days and there is no sign of any video card anywhere. So this means I have a video chipset(?) and does this also mean I have an integrated motherboard?

My main question is: Can you switch from a video chipset to a video card? If not ill have to change my gameplan.

you can add on a video card if you already have intergrated video. Best way to tell if you have intergrated is A. No video card or B. Your vga cable is plugged into I/O plate on your mobo. What mobo do you have?

ok according to crucial.com
Motherboard Manufacturer: PACKARD BELL BV
Motherboard Model: MCP61
is what I have
I also know that my Mobo bus is PCI-E

you prolly cant overclock, it looks like you have a prebuilt system motherboard, meaning the bios is prolly locked

well it seems to me i opened up my comp and my voltage is really low, around 220-230V! :O. I'd probably be better off buying a new computer. If not I would get a new PCI-E 2.0 motherboard, a new power system more ram and a new graphics card! Expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom