Calling all gamers! MMORPG??? Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthTools

Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
Hey....Yea....well... I have been spending most of my time programming and dealing with school and such.. but since I am building my new rig I am getting more into the "gaming" aspect of computers.... I used to play a game called "Runescape" heaven sakes... that game blew and I didn't even know it... nevertheless I love MMORPG's but I can't seem to find one these days with good graphics and good combat/PVP controls...

I looked at: Perfect world, shaiya, Afterworld, Entropia Universe, WOW, Knight Online, Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising, Runescape....

Perfect world: Didn't get a chance to play it on account of the server being updated.. will check back on it later today. - It seems like it will be a sissy game with bright colors and the landscape more not-true-to-life....

Shaiya: Best I have seen so far, but the map seems a little small and it kinda feels like wondering around in a small little area with nothing to do... and I havn't really tried the PVP yet but it isn't looking too good....

Afterworld: Looks pretty darn good.. but you can't play it... I am most interested in this game...

Entropia Universe: I played it for a while and I don't like it... I mean it is neat and everything but it is just too hard to survive.. and the combat is horrible..

WOW: Give me a break.. this game bites hard.. Horrid graphics and just plain bad everything else... sorry WOW fans... I believe this game was based upon instant gratification more than anything else.

Knight Online: The graphics aren't looking so good... and the controls I don't like.

Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising: The more I see of this game the more amazing it becomes.. amazing graphics totally awesome everything else it seems.. the bad thing about this game is that it got CANCELED... bummer...

Runescape: I really loved the fact that Runescape had really good PVP and combat controls, and the monsters and things to fight: **** hounds, dragons, king black 3 headed dragons, steel dragons... a whole lot of things... and the map was HUGE... It also had endless amounts of skills to work on, The problem with Runescape now is that I used to play it back when it was new in 2001... and it keeps getting worse on account of stupid new updates that make PVP impossible, and endless junk like you can't trade items that aren't within 3k of the same value.. etc... The graphics also bite...

After playing Shaiya it is at the top of my list.. though I don't like the map or PVP so far. - I do however like the fact that it seems to be easy to operate like Runescape is.. one click and you're fighting.. (I dont care about controls in this thread, but it helps)

Any ideas on the best MMORPG out there? - Must have good graphics, Combat/PVP controls, a map of good size, and if possible plenty to do. - Is that really too much to ask?

As far as (F2P: Free to play) and (P2P: Pay to play) goes.. I don't care. If the game is good enough it won't matter to me.

If you want to submit your favorite MMORPG and it meets the criteria, could you please include a picture/screenshot (not too big) and a link to the home page in your post. - This will save me the time and trouble of downloading 2GB game clients and signing up a million times and ruining my email. - Thanks

I've been playing EVE online for about 2 years now. Its got a steep learning curve but quite addictive once you get the hang of it. There is a free 14 day trial you can download and play. I think its about $14.95 a month. https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=103543&bid=1

Next game I'm waiting for is the upcoming Age of Conan next month. This may be the game that finally gets me to move on and quit EVE.

Isn't EVE Online all about flying space ships or something? Do you actually walk around and fight things or something? I went to the home page once and I think it looked like something I wouldn't be interested in.... I will check back on it later today, and maybe play it to see if it is any good.

PS: Could you please post a picture/screenshot of the game please, thanks - This will save me the time of having to download 2GB clients and signing up a million times... Thanks

I managed to avoid MMO's until SWG came out. Being a huge star wars nerd i got sucked in. Was one of the first Jedi on Bria, then quit when SOE made the game into a freaking FPS and screwed all of us who spent 2 years unlocking and leveling a jedi.

Playing WoW right now. Instant gratification? LOL. Takes months to get anything accomplished. I will hopefully be quitting once Age of Conan comes out next month.

9305.jpg

9299.jpg

6007.jpg

4485.jpg

Here's a few and like I said, this game can be very complicated for noobs. Don't expect to make much progress during your first few weeks. Evereything must be thought out and planned and it depends what you want to do. NPC missions, PVP, trading and working the market, mining, joining a corp or going solo, building and industry, science and invention, mining in both high sec and more profitable low sec. Jumping into low sec or staying in safer high sec space. The entire EVE universe is huge and all on the same server. Its the biggest universe by far out of any current MMO and CCP is aways adding patches and upgrades to the game which are free.

Download the free trial and give it a try. I got so frustrated the first time I played I didn't touch it again for a week. And be sure to follow the tutorial at the beginning unless you want to be completely lost.

Do a search for Age of Conan and get to reading. This MMO is going to actually take skill and not force you to have whatever "spec" just to play.

Yeah I quit FFXI a couple weeks ago so I could get over the withdrawl before Age of Conan got here lmao. Great graphics as far as MMO's go. Combat system will be great too.

The official release date is the 21st i believe, but if you preorder it, you get to start off 3 days ahead of everyone else. That reminds me, i need to go to gamestop and preorder the CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom