possible new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're really all good, people will have their opinions because they're brand loyal, but aslong as they're a reputable company it doesn't really matter. I was an Evga fan for a long time. I'd suggest-

-Palit
-Evga
-BFG
-Foxconn
-MSI

No real order, all depends on price and brand perference I guess.

I don't recomemnd the 620hx because the 520hx is the exact same thing with the 100 watts coming from the rails that power mutliple hard drives, and that the Corsair 520hx is more expensive than the PC Power and Cooling 610 on Newegg

Would you mind explaining that dude? I guess I don't really understand?

Yeah, all the parts will probably change a little bit, because right now I don't have the money, I just made the wish list to keep a general idea of what I'm shooting for. Chances are I will buy whatever card is the cheapest at the time.

*edit* also I'm on a low budget as I am only in high school but I want a good computer, and I have decided to go for the quad core.

You can spend as little as nothing on a video card and use on-board video all the way up to $1200 for 2x 9800GX2's. Theirs a video card for every budget haha.

They're really all good, people will have their opinions because they're brand loyal, but aslong as they're a reputable company it doesn't really matter. I was an Evga fan for a long time. I'd suggest-

-Palit
-Evga
-BFG
-Foxconn
-MSI

No real order, all depends on price and brand perference I guess.

Would you mind explaining that dude? I guess I don't really understand?

no prob, you know the PSU has Rails, the 3.3 and the 5 and the 12v rails, a while ago, AMDGT Player and I figured out that the Corsair 620hx only has the extra 100watts because of the 5v Rails, and thats where HD's/Optical Drives are powered up

Oh yea! I completely forgot about XFX! Ha, funny. I have an XFX 780i board :). They make good stuff.

Werd, good PSU too.

no prob, you know the PSU has Rails, the 3.3 and the 5 and the 12v rails, a while ago, AMDGT Player and I figured out that the Corsair 620hx only has the extra 100watts because of the 5v Rails, and thats where HD's/Optical Drives are powered up

Ohhhhhhhhh, no kidding? Wow, thanks for telling me that. Totally wish I would have known that before I spent a butt load on that thing, oh well I guess haha.

So, I have updated the list of what I will buy for parts and here it is:

-COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 RC-590-KKN1-GP Black SECC / ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail $69.99
-ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail $149.99
-ASUS EN9600GT/HTDI/512M GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail $174.99
-ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT ATX12V 500W Power Supply - Retail $129.99
-Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail $229.99
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM $79.99
-LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black SATA Model LH-20A1S - Retail $28.99
-(4) MASSCOOL FD12025B1L3/4 120mm Case Fan - Retail $23.16

any more suggestions?

Very nice build dude.

And that is an excellent power supply! But keep in mind, when you got SLI with 2x 9600GT's, you're going to want a bit more powerfull PSU. Not to play the numbers game or anything, I'm just not sure how long that PSU would last running SLI.

Very nice build dude.

And that is an excellent power supply! But keep in mind, when you got SLI with 2x 9600GT's, you're going to want a bit more powerfull PSU. Not to play the numbers game or anything, I'm just not sure how long that PSU would last running SLI.

Yeah, but hopefully I shouldn't have to SLI for a couple of years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom