i r teh winrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobojuice

WOOOOOOOO
so, some of you may remember the post i made about newegg losing my CM690 case. turns out, it was a good thing after all.

after getting frustrated with newegg, before everything was resolved, i decided to check out tiger direct and compusa (now the same company) to see if they might have the case in stock.

when i checked out the website for the local compusa (which i used to work at incidentally) i saw they had a "pc building race" with a few sweet prizes.

i entered even though i know i probably wasnt even gonna go. the prelim was on saturday and the final was on sunday. i stayed up till about 5 am on friday night, and decided i didnt want to go to the competition. i got a call about 930 from a lady i used to work with who told me i had to go over there blah blah blah. 10 minutes of me telling her i was tired and didnt want to go she finally convinced me.

there were 10 heats of 10 people, not everyone showed up, though. the first heat i participated in i finished slapping together the system (they had only pulled out some of the internals) in about 2 min and booted up, i was about 3 minutes ahead of the other two dudes. unfortunately i forgot to hook up the hdd power connector, like a NOOOB, and lost. They let me go again and this time i won with a total time of 3:21. second fastest overall i think.

I had formulated a plan to win the contest the next day. Place all the IMPORTANT parts only into the system, boot up, then put the other crap in and win. I did this and won with a time of 4:01.

For my efforts i got a brand new 32 inch Toshiba 720p HDTV LCD screen. Unfortunately i have nowhere to put it so it's still sitting in the box in my living room. The other two prizes were a couple of Thermaltake computer cases.

sorry for the tl;dr

A very nice win for you indeed! - Congrats man!

I'm pretty sure you couldn't care less about that case now eh!

well, i ended up forcing them to send it to me overnight, which they did. and i got it on friday.

congratulations man! i wish i could find a competition like that around here. a friend of mine at college (a member on TF too, he knows who he is ;)) used to mess around in one of our course units which was based around PC building and maintenance. we would mess around breaking down PCs and rebuilding them tidier than they were and finishing with 30-60 minutes to spare over everyone else.

Congratulations, I wish I had some contests like that around here. You've got some pretty nice prizes, too, so good job.

hmm, i guess i worded it wrong. just to clear up, all i won was the television. the two cases went to second and third place. they also had a bunch of other crap to give to the other contestants.

Come now Harper, you're not familiar with teh winrar?

winrareq0.jpg

:p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom