9800GTX or 8800GT step up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the point is he Can't wait because of a time limit.

There's always going to be something new out that beats the old stuff. it's just how it works.

If you don't want to upgrade again for a long time I vote get the GTX now while you can still get a decent price on it. I'd regret passing up a good deal on a great card. That's just me though.

Right, well It'll prolly be GTX then. No idea where the money will come from, but I'll just take the plunge and hope it turns out ok.

Still, £80 for the upgrade, seeing as they cost about £200 here, that means that its equivalent to getting a resale value of about £120 on a GTS 320 which is good.

(actually I get refunded the whole £165, but the GTX is overpriced).

I don't know how it is over there but I know here in Canada, after taking a real close look at the step up program and once all the taxes and shipping and handling were factored in it would actually cost more through the step up than to just sell the card I have on the classifieds and then go buy the upgrade at a retail location which is always cheaper than the posted value from EVGA.

Depending on the time you have to play with toss up a couple classified adds on free webpages and see who bites....just a thought, might save a few bucks.

I've never actually used the step-up here vee but I pay tax on Everything pc related, so I wouldn't put it past them.
I have read the terms and conditions for step-up in full though, and it mentions nothing of taxes.

You have to pay tax on stepup in Canada?

lol, i don't think so but as Akubane mentioned we get taxed on EVERYTHING in canada so I wouldn't put it past them.

What I meant was that the step up program for me costs more than it does to sell my old part and go buy the new part, even when you factor in the S&H and taxes on the new part.

especially if you find some gullible fool in the area who has rich parents you can overcharge.
lmao. wonder if i can still pawn this ultra off for 500$ to some poor fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom