Will This Nvidia run World of warcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajete

In Runtime
im thinking about buying a dell laptop with a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT. does anyone know if that video card is strong enough to run war of warcraft on a 1440x900 res?

WOW will run on integrated graphics, so basically any modern GFX card will handle it.

Several here have the 8600GT, which is the desktop version.

Blizzard has put so much time and money into wow, as have i...and in doing so they coded that game like the coding gods they are. it is so optimized for all types of systems i am not sure if there is a more compatible game in existence. I have been playing wow since release over 3 years ago and since then the graphics have not changed a whole lot, but you have more options to make them better if you have a nice gpu. as far as minimum requirements go almost any computer running you at $200 bucks second hand, or maybe even free will run wow at minimum-medium grafix.

Funny story is when i first started playing it was on a friends computer, and at the time i did not have one of my own. so i built one out of his spare parts and ran wow like this... 512mb ram, 64mb Nvidia, 800 Mghz (p3 or p2 can't remember) processor and played like that for a year. Your card will cruise through wow at max settings minus AA/Af. Because my old rig had a 6600gt and it did the same.

My laptop has an 8600M GS (the laptop version of the card you mentioned) with 512MB. It's enough to play Half-Life 2 at 1680x1050 with full settings and Crysis (the demo) at 1024x768 with reasonable settings. Desktop cards are usually faster/better than their laptop counterparts, so I think you'll be fine. I bet you'll be able to run WoW (though I've never played it, heard it has low requirements) with all settings maxed.

you should

I don't see why so many people say you can play WoW with integrated graphics with good settings and it be playable. I've used a x1650 pro 512mb ATI card and i had to keep the settings around mediumish to get anything about 20 fps. So I think all the talk about integrated graphics is just bs.

btw, isn't that res for 19" monitor? that must be a beastly laptop to have that big of a screen lol :p

not really waffle. I played wow on a p2 dell with 64mb ram. Played on lowest, laggy, but still played. on a p2. i played it on full with a laptop with integrated graphics just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom