Cooler Master Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup.. and we malaysian normally will go to a shoping complex call "low yat plaza" to do our computer shopping. most of the shop sell computer acc.

o ok i c

we americans sit at our computer, click and type a few times, and lazily wait for fedex or ups to come :p

I have a P4 2.8 GHz processor with 5 LED cooler master fans. My fans' LED lights flicker once the OS is running, and I do have enough power... I have looked into it, and I have run into a few articles that have said that the new P4's with hyper threading (2.8 Ghz, 3.0 Ghz, and 3.2 Ghz) causes the fans to flicker... I am planning on breaking the lights on them on purpose rather than buy new fans....

I own one of these and they work great. I like them and they do the job for me, plus they're very stylish and better looking than the other fans i've seen. I'd definitely buy a Cooler Master Fan again. ;)

so guess i get the answer already... just go for it.. make the computer mobo more nicer :)

wait wait, please first take notice of the air flow it moves, only up to 20 cfm? thats not very good, esp' if you over clock. cfm=cubic feet per minute of air it moves. i run a $10 38cfm lighted fan but with the copper heatsink it runs about $25-30.

When you have a 2.6 GHz P4 or above, ALL lit fans have trouble when the fan is hooked up directly to motherboard for power. The lights flash when they should really stay stable. this is because the processor takes up over 70 Watts (some even more) when the conventional P4 has always taken up 40 watts. This is due to pentiums new hyperthreading technology.

Thus, the new P4s take up all of the power from the motherboard. So, components like fans, or temperature gauges will not work correctly if at all when plugged into the mobo for power. SO, whichever fan you do go with, make sure that you plug it in with the standard power supply which most fans come with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom