• Other... (Please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
My father is taking my old HP PSC 2355 (Print, Copy, Scan) Multifuctional Printer off my hands this week end. So that leaves me in the market for another Multifuctional for myself.

One that i am considering are
Epson Stylus Photo RX610
Canon Pixma MP610 Advanced

My requirements are
* Colour injet printer with individual ink tanks
* A4 Colour Scanning
* DVD/CD Printing
* Ink I would want to be easily pick up.
* Value for money with the ink.
* PictBridge and Memory card slot

What I am avoiding is bloatware software.

Most of my printing will be for CD. Not putting my orginal CDs in my car, but I would like some thing that I can instantly Identify while I am on the road.

RRP being no greater than $300.

So I am just wondering if I which i should go for
Epson Stylus Photo RX610
or
Canon Pixma MP610 Advanced

Or is there some thing else that I should be looking at?

In the end, I have desided to go for the Canon Pixma MP610 Advanced.

Reasons are :-
1. Duplex printing. Don't need it all the time, but it's nice to have it.
2. I have talked to a few other people, and they are telling me that the Canon CD Loading feature is a lot easier to use.
3. Bloatware. Although Epson does do nicer images, one thing that does annoy me is the amount of bloatware that include with thier drivers.
4. There is a canon service agent just down to road from me and the warranty is an instant exchange.

seems like nobody is interested in printers...

The problem that tech forums has is that there is no Computer Peripherals sub forum.

Like we have
Building, Buying, Upgrading for General PCs (Budget Build Sub Forum)
Building, Buying, or Upgrading High Performance PC Systems (Performance Build Sub Forum)
Everything Laptops (Laptops)
Overclocking, Case Mod, Tweaking PC Performance (Wankware Sub Forum)
Hardware Troubleshooting (Opps, Did I **** it up Sub Forum)
Other Computer HW Topics (Misc. Sub Forum)

The problem is that we do not have much in the way of a specific subforum for PC/Mac Peripherals. Thinks like Scanner, Printers, Digital Camera, Etc Etc.)

It might be some thing that TF might want to look at putting into place.

for me software isnt a reason to buy one product over the other especialy considerign the epson has such a nice image, ie worked with the epson before sold many, and i havent seen anything liek its picture quality. alltho in your case the cannon is a better buy do the the warranty. i also agree with you about the forum need an accesorie section i have yet to figure out where to pist a thread about buying an slr camera.

What is the Multimedia section for. Would covers more topics there. Along with the Bluetooth PDA and Other devices section? That would cover some things as well. The Digital Images area is for? Wouldnt that be printers and scanners related? I think taking a photo with a digital camera would imply a digital image right? So who create new forums for something we already ahve in place?

I think the issue is that your demands are high and no one knew what to say. I know i looked at this thread and i could not provide a answer for you. AS for me i need a printer to Print. Maybe some scanning.

What you asked for was very specific and not many users have experience in this area that would have provided you with effective feedback. Would you have rather the thread got jacked with pics or something then??? Just like i have seen done in OT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom