Artic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
I Just got this thing in the mail and jumped on it right away to install it...

But i ran into a problem. I had to take the ram heatsinks off because i missed some residue and had to wipe it off... now I am screwed because they wont stick back on...

Is there any thing i can use to get them to stick back on?

Yes i can use that if i put a small dab but after checking *drum roll*

I have no superglue my mom threw it out...

So... **** me

Can i use any thermal compound like tx-1 (from tuniq) or Artic Cooling 5? I'm thinking of going over my neighbor and being like "ZOMG I'M ALLERGIC TO PEANUT BUTTER THE ONLY CURE IS THERMAL TAPE, SOME KIND OF EPOXY, OR SUPER GLUE PLEAS HELP!"

but I kind of like my current neighbor so idk if i want to or not.

tx1 will definatly hold it lol, i was instaing my tuniq on my 4000+ in november, and when i whent to take the heat sink off i had tx1 on, and it riped my 4000+ out of teh socket, when i lifted the tuniq tower, ****ed the mobo but the chip is ok, i also had a hard time seperatign the chip from the tuniq tower i had to rip at the dam thing and i cut my finger open on the cpu.

I just used tx1 before i read this post...

Thank you, it works so far...

My fear is that its going to fall off when I decide to make it get hot..

Btw... WOW... what a drop! With the same old crappy case (I have a new one, havent used it yet though (auora 570)) I had 52-55C idle with the stock cooling...

Right now its at 44C with this thing... and after 3dmark03 it went to 58C max...

So it's proving itself so far... of course i'm at stock

I am going to right a whole review on it with pic's i took the time to take them.

So thx, If you have any more ideas tell me because I don't know if the tx1 will work for sure... but if amd is right then I'm in luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom