server vs pc hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt bother. I have a $6k dual socket workstation I use at work and its just not as good as something I could build in my opinion.

With dual socket motherboards you have no overclocking capabilities, limited to ddr2-667 standard, have to use socket 771 processors (not that bad of problem).

Build a quad core, put 8 gigs of memory into it, overclock it - thats my opinion.

I wouldnt bother. I have a $6k dual socket workstation I use at work and its just not as good as something I could build in my opinion.

With dual socket motherboards you have no overclocking capabilities, limited to ddr2-667 standard, have to use socket 771 processors (not that bad of problem).

Build a quad core, put 8 gigs of memory into it, overclock it - thats my opinion.

yeah get a intel quad core and start with 4 gigs first and upgrade when it is needed also u need a good internet connection to host servers with high bandwidth

if you arent running a server then you dont need server parts. its just silly

LMAO that made my day.

that $600 motherboard is just crazy, looks more like a modified server board in my opionion than a "high end enthuist w/e crap"

The only thing out of a server I'd ever consider using would be SCSI raided Hard drives and redundant power supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom