PC ALWAYS crashes after a night sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesnt tell us much. Attach the MiniDump file here. Or follow my steps above.

Here are this morning's 2 MiniDump files created after the system crashed twice - already!

Thank you for your help.

PJ

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 3
I just googled BSOD and my screen doesn't go blue when it crashes it just goes black and there's nothing I can do other than reboot.

PJ

Start>Right Click on My Computer>Properties. Advanced Tab>Startup and recovery Section. Select the Settings button. Uncheck the option to Autorestart after system failure. This will give you the BSOD screen where you can get 2 things for us.

1. The Stop error code. It will look like 0X000000ZZ Where the ZZ will be a alpha numeric combination.

2. The words in all CAPS. IRQL not less or equal or something else. What ever it is.

Between these 2 things we will be able to find out what is going on.

You tried this??

~ Tkey

Yes I disabled automatic reboot after a crash.

The screen goes black and I can't do anything else - other than reboot.

Don't give up on me - please! :)

PJ

Since when my computer crashes the screen goes black (and not the BSOD) some suggested this might be due to a video card problem?

Any thoughts?

PJ

If that was the case we would see other problems. Like artifacting while doing some tasks or the card shuttign down during operation instead of at sleep.

Have you tried to hibernate the PC and see if that helps? Or do you have ti set to hibernate after a set period of time? If so try to put it into sleep mode or standby mode not hibernate and see if that resolves the issue.

Also have you don eall the updates?

To check your power settings right click on the Desktop>Properties>ScreenSaver tab. Then under the Advanced or Powe settings.

If that was the case we would see other problems. Like artifacting while doing some tasks or the card shuttign down during operation instead of at sleep.

Have you tried to hibernate the PC and see if that helps? Or do you have ti set to hibernate after a set period of time? If so try to put it into sleep mode or standby mode not hibernate and see if that resolves the issue.

Also have you don eall the updates?

To check your power settings right click on the Desktop>Properties>ScreenSaver tab. Then under the Advanced or Powe settings.

- Updates for XP are current.

- Hibernation is not currently active, but Standby is after 10 mins and every time I resume from it the PC is fine.

- I don't know if this related or not but both Firefox and IE freeze or just plain crashes when I try to view any sites that require Shockwave - such Youtube. It has something to do with file flash9cx (if memory serves me correctly).

Could something be wrong with my video card?

PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom