Is 500W PSU enought for....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteScouter

Baseband Member
Ok so I am having problems with my computer shutting off all of the sudden. Putting my Videocard into standby, my monitor turns yellow (standby)...

I recently put in Nvidia 9600 GT and ever since i've put it in i've been having problems... I finally figured out it wasen't overheating. I ran logging while it crashed and it wasent overheating. Which makes me think its PSU...

I got a 500W PSU.
I got 4 Hard drives
2 120mm fans
2 DVD Drives
1 Floppy drive

So can it be that my 500W is not enough and keeps shutting my videocard down and my comp???

Here are loggs I ran before the comp crashed.

And when it crashes like I said the fans still work and everything but my monitor goes into stand-by and I've noticed my comp crashes like if I am on vent I can't hear people talk when its in this "Crash state". So its not just shutting my videocard but it like shuts the comp down but like the fan's are still running.

loggingiw5.png

I would highly suggest at least a 600W PSU if not maybe even a 750W. If i am not mistaken the 9600 requires a power input and they should tell you right in the manual what PSU you should be running with that as well.

Well after some research i found that you should have at least a free open 18+V rail for the GFX card. One that is not piggy backed on anything else. Jsut dedicated to your GFX Card right from the PSU. If you do not have that then you should consider a new one.

NVIDIA Forums > Power Supply Requirements for 9600GT

Read up on that stuff here.

Dude....600? 750? no no no no no. The 9600 draws less than a 8800GT and you only need a 400w with 18A for the 8800GT.

Quality, not quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom